Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Question?


How does the moon hide that rabbit in his stomach, Mom?
How do the ghosts look in their real form?
Where is the heart and why does it beat, Dad?
Why does the food always taste so bad?

When will the bell ring? Its time to go home!
When will I enter the college, I want to break the norm!
What will I be, when I grow up? A teacher or a doctor?
How can I be the topper, always the topper?

When will I ride my dream bike with that girl at the back?
Am I doing my best, am I on the right track?
Does this suit me or am I meant for something greater?
When will I find the answers? Never, now or later?

Did I love my life? Did I live my life?
Was I happy day and night? Was everything right?
I know not the answers, my questions still teeter.
The latter were confusing, the former were sweeter.

I have this eternal question left unanswered yet
Where are you my Lord? I am in your debt!
Can you put me back to my mother’s womb?
Where there were no questions and I was blissfully numb.

6 comments:

Hari Rao said...

Idu Chennagi iddae ide...Sikkapatte doubt itkondideeya, last eredu lines ADDOORI..!!

Citizen said...

Good

Girish Shenoy said...

Bahut khub miya :)
The answer to one question might give u the answer to all ur quetions (who am i?) :)

Keep up the good work :)

Savitha said...

Hmmm.. Helluva poetry with the kinda profound questions, only He can answer. Last two lines are fantabulously awesome. Keep penning :)

Shilpa said...

Beautifully composed with unique and nicely articulated inquisitiveness!! There is such a lucid flow of thoughts that is amazing.. Your poem exquisitely describes different stages of life with a philosophical touch in the end which is commendable! :)
Well done... :)

Sookie said...

Thanks for resending me the link. :-) Appreciate it a lot!
I love the simplicity of the poem. Most of the questions are some or the other time asked by us at one or the other point in life.The way you have captured the timeline of a man and the way he matures over age is understood by the way he ask questions and is covered very beautifully. The types of questions that we have starts with innocent ones from a child to "girl" or "job" decisions for an adoloscent; it continues with middle age ambiguity (weighing down the options and wondering for the first time if the choices made till then were the right ones) and ends with a philosophical note posing the last question to God himself/herself.

Very touching poetry.